Friday, December 6, 2013

Dear Life Letter


For homework for class last week (I am taking a spiritual class called Foundations) we were supposed to write a Dear Life Letter. The format was ...

Dear Life, 

One thing I would like to contribute to the world is ...

What it would take for me to do this is ....

And we were supposed to fill in the blank. 

For some reason this exercise didn't really hit home for me. I wrote something but didn't really get connected with it. Then during class they told us we were going to write another letter from Life to us.  It was to start Dear Our Name, Thank you for you contribution. This is a letter from life to you and end In Love, Life. The instruction was to just write without thinking about it or any judgement and this is what I came up with 

Dear Melissa, 

Thank you for your contribution. This is a letter from life to you. Thank you for just being you. Thank you for allowing your light to shine for other to see and be motivated by. Thank you for all the work you do to make the lives of children and people better. Thank you for caring. Thank you for making a difference. Thank you for the love you are and that emanates from you . Thank you for being courageous.

In love, 

Life

I was pleasantly surprised about how my letter came out and am inspired to live into it and also recognizing how I am already living it. 

If you were to write a Dear Life Letter and one from Life to you, what would yours say?

No comments:

Post a Comment